Blue Flower

For many years we have only had one Victorian photograph of the bone mill, and we are very fortunate that these two additional photographs turned up in April 2016 after decades of research by David Turner and a recent conversation between Dennis Greeno and Richard Edwards, the owner of these photos, who we are very grateful to.

The top picture shows the complete mill c.1880 or earlier, the lower one with the mill partly demolished and the chimney still standing is from about 1924 and shows Annie Coulton and her brother in the foreground.

Click the images for a larger view